Friday, June 27, 2008

My Hadassah

Today was a day that I thought that I would be ready for ....but it was still so very painful. My cat, Hadassah passed away. She has not always been an outside cat. I let her start going out though over the last few months. It made a huge difference in her attitude and state of mind.
Yesterday I realized that I had not seen her in about 2 days. This has happened before and every time she returned. This last week though, I have had an awful feeling. Actually for about a month now, I thought for sure that the Lord was preparing me for this. Well, today was different. The neighbor found her and she was already gone.
I have cried most of the day today. When I was told about her, memories of her as a kitten came back to me. I remember how much I loved her that first year especially. She was a crazy kitten...scrappy! She loved to be chased up and down the hallway, playing hide and seek, playing soccer with balls of paper. She brought a lot of joy to my life. Even though she didn't live up to her name. (The original was a sweet Jewish Christian girl from my favorite books) She was my baby. My very first pet, a gift and blessing as I lived alone my first year of college. I will miss her so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment