Friday, March 7, 2008

Ramblings...

Well, it's been a while since I have posted anything about a day in the life of Joanne. Everything is going pretty good. There are lots of big things coming up that I am super excited about... but daily life is still a big YAWN! I'm kidding. I wish I had the time to yawn!
School is pretty good. Last week was insane for me because I had 3 papers due this week and I ended up picking up a couple of shifts at work.
Until yesterday, anytime that I was at home it was cram session, trying to fit in everything.
I got it all done though. I turned my paper in about "sex education vs. abstinence education" on Tuesday. I have to say that it was a GREAT paper. I enjoyed the research too. I know that the information is something that will benefit me as a future teacher especially if I am in the public school system.
Another big paper that was due yesterday was for Psychology, it had to be a historical event that made way or in some way changed your life. I was going to just write about becoming a teacher, but I had to fit in something from history. So I geared the paper more towards, women or courage and bravery. I am not big on the "women's suffrage" front, so that was difficult. I love women in American history like Aimee Semple Mcpherson and Catherine Beecher. Totally different women in history. I even thought about writing about women's move from the roles of motherhood and housewife and whether or not that has been good for society. It was probably a good thing I didn't.
But, I do think it was a good paper. My professor is one for a lot of "fluff" and that is not really me at all. Honestly, I am not very fond of her. This week especially. College teachers that take advantage of their position of influence in order to push a political agenda on kids that are not informed on issues and facts really anger me.
I know I need to pray about that.
The good news for now is that I have an A in all of my classes..... and the even better news is that Spring Break is in 10 days!
I am going to Colorado Springs. I am so excited. It will be so beautiful and relaxing and tons of fun! I will be doing a lot of hikes and mountain drives and biking.... and more.
There will be tons of pictures too!!! Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. So what subject did you end up doing for your women's paper? Sounds like you've been super busy! I miss you! We will talk soon!

    ReplyDelete