Friday, November 26, 2010

so very thankful

This year Shea and I had the pleasure of hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our home. I have only hosted on other Thanksgiving dinner and that was about 6 years ago with my own family. This year was nothing over the top. That is my opinion and not Shea's. He thought we made way too much. Anyway, it was a lovley day spent with Angel, Ricky, Amanda, and us. It was a small gathering, but still so much fun. My favorite Thanksgiving to date.


After we finished dinner we drove out to James Island for the Festival of Lights. I have seen it a few times in the past and Shea has seen the lights about a billion times. It's funny how much you enjoy things like that after having a child. William sat in Angela's lap as we went through the 3 miles of lights. Seeing his reaction is what makes it all the more enjoyable. He reacted in true William fashion, contently watching as we passed through. When I think about it I can still see the reflection of lights in his big blue eyes. What a magical day. Filled with loving family, a new friend and a sweet bouncing (I mean that literally) baby boy. I am very blessed woman. I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment