Monday, April 26, 2010

a new way of vacationing

As I packed last week for the much needed vacation in Myrtle Beach, I thought of all the things that I have been unable to do since William was born and thought I would get them done while on vacation. I packed a few books, my Bible (I dusted it off first), William's baby book and my laptop with the anticipation of scrap booking.
For some reason it didn't occur to me that the cause of this lack of time and energy in my life was coming along too.....William. So I didn't get a lot of those kind of things done.
It was still exactly what I needed. We had a great condo on the beach overlooking the ocean. It was still a little chili and windy outside but the pools were heated.
William got to experience a few "firsts" while we were there.
First of all he began holding his head up. He has been working on it for a while now, he has finally achieved neck control!


He had some new experiences as well. We put him in the pool for the first time. He just looked at us like it was no big deal. We of course thought it was so cute. He on the other hand thought we were all crazy. He actually fell asleep while Shea was holding him in the water. We must really bore him.

William also went to the beach a few times. The first time we went out, I laid out a towel and.....what do you think William's reaction was??? Snoooooooooooooooooooozing...that's right he fell asleep as soon as my feet hit the sand. I am not sure if that is a true beach experience, but well it was his, in true William fashion.


The best part of the week was when Angela and Aunt Theresa came in. Angela's birthday was this weekend so it was a good excuse for her to come and celebrate. They are the funniest people on Earth!

Those two always make everything even more fun. The laughter is endless when we are with them.


Look at those 2 cougars!

This picture of William isn't great, but I had to throw it in. This is one of my favorite outfits on him. It belonged to the Graston boys at one time. So it is very special. I just loved it on him.
Anglea on Grandma (Myma) duty.

and just look at that face......that is typical William, he thinks we are all insane.


The best for last.

This is one of my favorite pictures from the week. My two favorite guys. I am a lucky girl. I couldn't ask for a better husband, so kind, generous, he is my best friend. Life with him just keeps getting better.

William and I were blessed when he was given to us.

It was a great week....vacations are defiantly not the same anymore now with a little one. But they are for sure even more enjoyable.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that pic of Theresa with Angela in the background! that's a hang-on-the-wall-KEEPER! And all the pics were great! That William....what a snoozer! I do hope you realize that your next baby will refuse to sleep and will probably scream all the time since William is such an angel! LOL
    OH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that new header! Fantastic work!!!
    I'm so glad you guys had a good vacation. You many never have loads of free time again but oh how SWEET your time is these days.... I hear it all the time and I'll pass it on to you: "These are the best days of our lives."
    Love to all the Drolets!

    ReplyDelete