Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter this year was really special. Not only was a it a day to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and beauty of a loving God that with so much mercy and love gave His Son so that we can spend eternity with Him, but it was also a day for our family to celebrate a woman that lives her life giving, loving and revealing to all of those that she encounters the very loving God that gave His Son. This year Angela's birthday fell on Easter. It was funny at the beginning of the year when I marked her birthday on my calendar and I noticed this I thought it was cool of course. A few days later I got a call from Angela and she was so excited..." have you looked at the calendar?" She asked. " My birthday is on Easter!" Apparently this is something she has been waiting 63 years for. She was almost as excited about this as she was when she found out she could retire at 62.
Photobucket
She is so cute. I wanted to throw a little party for her at my house the week before. As I was trying to figure out a day to do this I asked her if Friday would work for her. She said "no, I really don't feel comfortable celebrating on Good Friday." I love that lady!
It didn't work out for her schedule and mine to have something at my house so we celebrated on Easter. To celebrate this special day we went to church with her and Aunt Theresa. Angela beamed with pride as she held William during mass. She was even more of a proud Myma when she took him to the priest to have her first grandson blessed and prayed for.

William was really good during mass. Our saving grace was a cute little girl on the row behind us. She and William chatted and flirted the whole service.

After mass we went back to Aunt Theresa's house for lunch and a much needed nap.

Not only was the food great tasting, but it was cute too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We could all just eat him up!

Photobucket

After dinner went to Hampton Park to walk around. Going to Hampton Park on Easter was a tradition that Angela and Aunt Theresa had growing up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

William and MaMo
Photobucket
Happy Birthday Myma! We love you! You are best!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment