Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 29

I simply adore this man. He is not a man that draws a lot of attention to himself. He is not one that enters a room and everyone shouts his name (though I think they should). He isn't exactly the "life of the party." He doesn't ask a lot of those that he loves. Simply loyalty and respect. He is the last person to ever ask anything of anyone. He is a man that loves Jesus, his wife, son and family. He is a man that wants to wake up the baby when he gets home from work because he missed him all day. Our life together is simple. I like it that way and he does too. He LOVES simplicity. He loves being home on a Saturday night and I love that about him. But what I love even more is that if I wanted a different life, one not so simply he would do everything in his power to make it happen, because he loves me. He is the most selfless person I have ever know. His heart is so pure, so good. In this picture he may look a little shaggy. He is unshaven, and in desperate need of a hair cut. I love it because it captures the man I just described. On a Saturday afternoon, sitting on the floor (that is how he watches t.v.), not drinking beer (not for any moral reason, but because he doenst want to waist the money one it), drink kool aid I am sure, waiting for his highlight of the week...college football game day.

No comments:

Post a Comment